Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home at last


This is what greeted me at my front door.....my sandpaper vine has bloomed while I was gone. It feels sooo good to be home.
Kelly is doing great after her surgery. Thanks for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers. She is feeling better than she has in a long while. It was hard to leave her (and Liza), but life goes on. This morning, she was even talking about going back to work NEXT WEEK! That is, of course, about three weeks too soon, so I gave her the mother speech.
Now I am so behind in everything I will never be caught up. I have been trying to catch up on reading your blogs (I read till 1:30am) last night. Geeze you guys have been busy, it is gonna take a while. Also, all kinds of yard work needs to be done as well as cleaning inside the house. Damn, to be as young as I used to be!

8 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Welcome home dear friend. Loved the picture of the sandpaper vine.

As for our adults kid doing what Mom says...we can only hope.
(Hugs)Indigo

Rikkij said...

Char-So glad things went well and what a beautiful greeting you got at your door. Welcome back!~rick

Beth said...

Welcome home! I'm sure it's a great feeling after all this time...and the vine is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That vine is gorgeous! I have never seen anything like it and am totally enthralled with that pic! soo lovely! What a welcome home!
Glad you are home safe and that things went well.

bernthis said...

I am so thrilled all is well. Wow, that is a lot for a parent (never mind the kid) Well, a mom's life is never dull that is for sure

Lori said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Love that vine. I'd never heard of it before!

beachmom15 said...

It's a beautiful vine!! does it have a fragrance? It's always nice to come home, even if your on vacation. have a great day!
Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/

Char said...

Beachmon-I need to look up the real name for the vine, I don't think it has an aroma. but the back side is very abrasive. When it dries, I believe you could actually use it as sand paper. When I had the house painted, the painter wanted to cut it away from the house. I threatened to kill him if he dared to cut it.