Monday, September 28, 2009
How hot is it?
·If you are not a resident of FLORIDA or never have lived in the hot, humid Southeast you may not understand the weight of this blessing!
· Bless this house, oh Lord, we cry.
· Please keep it cool in mid-July.
· Bless the walls where termites dine,
· While ants and roaches march in time.
· Bless our yard where spiders pass
· Fire ant castles in the grass.
· Bless the garage, a home to please
· Carpenter beetles, ticks and fleas.
· Bless the love bugs, two by two,
· the gnats and mosquitoes that feed on you.
· Millions of creatures that fly or crawl,
· in FLORIDA, Lord, you've put them all!!
· But this is home, and here we'll stay,
· So thank you Lord, for insect spray.
· HOLD IT............there's more.....................
· YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN FLORIDA IN JULY WHEN. . .
· The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground..
· The trees are whistling for the dogs.
· The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
· Hot water now comes out of both taps.
· You can make sun tea instantly.
· You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron!
· The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
· You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
· You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
· You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
· You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
· Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
· You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
· The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
· Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
· The cows are giving evaporated milk. Ah, what a place to call home.
· God Bless FLORIDA !!