Monday, March 8, 2010

I know what it is....

Now I know what it is--the reason I haven't been posting for some time.  Its because I'm too busy reading dozens of bloggers!  I'm talking about blogs that just blow me away, wonderful, funny, informative posts that I could never hold a candle to with my feeble attempts.  Even tho I have embarrassed myself many times over, during the last year and a half, as I tried to put myself out there.

Anywho, here are just a few of the fabulus people that I visit every chance I get.  These people really have IT, and I would be much less if they weren't here for me to enjoy.

Kurt at Monster Apathy~I'd probably never have known so much about farts and farting.  Or maybe would not have had the gift of viewing a young naked, stoned guy in a bath tub.  He is a joy to read and guarenteed to make you come back for more.

Skyler's Dad at Sometimes its not worth chewing the leather strap for~He  is often funny, sometimes serious, and always a wonderful Dad.  His posts will show you that it IS worth chewing through the strap.

Jim at Suldog~He writes like a mad man and will make you laugh like one.  He loves playing ball and can give you a bonafied play by play of the game that is awesome. His unique story telling is well worth reading (even if you have to fast forward through the sports comentary). He'll make you LYAO.

Miss Yvonne at Yo Mama's Blog~She makes me laugh my ass off, even when she is story  telling about old people. (even tho I am one.)  I just tell myself she's not really talking about me.


Koe at the half-life of linoleum~Whether he is hiding Christmas presents or trying to reach a skateboard doctor at three am, he is a hoot.  (I have just got to ask him what the 'half-life of linoleum' means.)

Eva Gallant at Wrestling with retirement~She is a retired teacher and one sharp lady.  She's a great storyteller, informative and funny.

Rick at Sraet~He is his own toughest critic of his writing, whether its his tales of small town
lore or astounding poetry.  His words aim straight for the heart.

Erin at Through the back door~ AWESOME poet!  Her poetry cries to be published. And, she has the biggest heart. (even when she has to explain the meaning of a verse I don't quite get)

(These are just a few of the people I follow every day.  And after they have spoken through their blogs, there's really not much left for me to say.)

(BTW, the jade plant pic has nothing to do with the subject matter of this particular post.  BF just helped me repot it cause it weighs a ton, and I thought I share how well it turned out!)

5 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Char, you've as much to say and share as the rest of us. Just as valuable. Perhaps more so. When you pull your collar back and share raw, as you have, you are all the more beautiful, too.

(Thanks for the kind words.)

Suldog is one helluva writer. Should have a column, that one!

xo
erin

Sandcastle Momma said...

Thanks for this list - I'm always looking for new blogs.

Rick said...

Char- Thank you Sweetie. So glad you're back out and about. Love reading you. ~rick

buffalodick said...

i read you... :)

Suldog said...

Thank you, love! I've been behind on my reading and just now came across this wonderful bit of flattery. I appreciate it, especially from someone as charming and erudite as yourself.